TO: BASD Parents of participants in Fall Athletics
FROM: Nate Stannard, Athletic Director
DATE: September 22, 2020
SUBJECT: Spectator Plan for 2020 Athletic Events
In order for our school to comply with the current City of Bethlehem Department of Health mandates, the following plan will be in effect for all BASD Fall Outdoor and Indoor Athletic Events in BASD Stadium and Freedom High School. Due to the large size of BASD Stadium, The City of Bethlehem Health Department will permit a three zoned division of the stadium. This will allow for each bleacher area to be a separate zone and the field to serve as a third zone. Each zone will have specific entrances with designated restroom facilities and will be able to accommodate a maximum of 250 people.
BASD EXPECTATIONS OF ALL SPECTATORS IN BASD STADIUM and FREEDOM HIGH SCHOOL FACILITIES
- General Spectator Expectations
- The City of Bethlehem and BASD Health and Safety Guidelines must be followed at all times without exception.
- Spectators are required to sit in groups no greater than 2 people from their immediate family. Groups of two are the expectation. A distance of six (6) feet from each group is required in the stadium and a mask must be worn at all times while in attendance at any sporting event.
- All events are ticketed. Only those individuals in possession of a ticket will be admitted to the contest. Students participating in the event will be providing their parents or guardians with tickets for the contest. A maximum of two tickets per student will be given. They will be given to the student participant by grade until the maximum number is exhausted. (Seniors first, then Juniors)
- If you have any of the following symptoms, stay home.
Do not attend the contest.
?Fever (100°F or higher)
?Shortness of breath
?Nausea or vomiting
?Lack of smell or taste
?Congestion or runny nose
- No personal belongings should be shared with others throughout the contest.
- Concession stands will not be available until further notice.
- All BASD rules and policies are in effect for this event.
- Sport Specific Expectations Including Freedom’s Joseph J. McIntyre Gymnasium and the Freedom Turf Field.
- Due to participants and facility limitations, spectators will be limited to parents/guardians of contest participants only on our turf field/gymnasium and BASD stadium:
- Varsity Football held @ BASD stadium
- A maximum of two tickets per student-athlete will be given. Including the football players, band members, and cheerleaders. They will be given to the student participant by grade until the maximum number is exhausted. (Seniors first, then Juniors)
- Sports played on Freedom turf field
- Each participant will be allowed a predetermined number of tickets in the sports listed below not to exceed 250 total people.
- The bleachers at the turf will be closed. All fans must stand or bring their own lawn chair while remaining socially distanced. No fans will be allowed on the solar panel side of the field.
- JV and JH Football
- Field Hockey (V/JV)
- Boys Soccer (V/JV)
- Girls Soccer (V/JV)
- Girls Volleyball (V/JV) Each Participant will be issued 2 tickets.
- Parents/Guardians: Permitted to attend your child's event only. In the case of a V/JV doubleheader, we ask that spectators depart our facilities at the conclusion of each event to maximize opportunities for other parents/guardians. A maximum of 25 parents will be allowed for each contest. No visiting fans will be permitted for volleyball. This seating area will be opposite the team benches
- Please follow all BASD Spectator Expectations listed above for the following:
- Cross Country (V/JV/MS), Golf, Girls Tennis
- Live Streaming Options/Television Schedules
- BASD is currently working with the BASD Network to live stream varsity contests in Football and Volleyball, due to spectator limitations. All other varsity sports can accommodate the expected number of fans.
- Additional Live Streaming Options may include
- Television Schedules
TEAM and FAN LOCATIONS AT BASD STADIUM
FREEDOM HIGH SCHOOL will occupy the West Side Line for the 2020 season and will warm up in the North Endzone. They will also sit on the west side of the stadium. The fans will enter at the northwest sliding gate on Elizabeth Avenue or from the gate on Grenadier Blvd. The team will enter the facility from the North Endzone and remain on the field level until the conclusion of the contest. Bathroom facilities will be available for the team under the West stands.
The visiting team will occupy the East Stands for the 2020 season and the East side of the Field. They will enter the field from the southeast and warm up in the South End Zone. (Liberty End Zone) The visiting fans will sit on the East Side of the Stadium and enter from the Northeast sliding gate off of Elizabeth Avenue or from the Athletic Office Gate on the Southeast Corner of the Stadium. Bathroom facilities will be available under the East stands.
Freedom High School
3149 Chester Ave.
Bethlehem, PA 18020